Phase 2 Policies
We want to help keep Carrboro as safe as it is cute. In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we have created the following policies in order to serve our clients in the safest way possible.
1. Everyone will be required to wear a mask covering both your mouth and nose, upon entering the salon and for the duration of the appointment. No exceptions. Please wear one that loops around the ears, not one that ties behind the head. All of our staff will be wearing masks and will change them as needed. We have disposable masks available for purchase if you need one.
2. As a part of our screening process, we will perform a temperature check on you upon entry. We will also ask you to sanitize and wash your hands. All of our staff will be required to check their temperature and wash their hands upon entering the salon, as well as before and after each client. We have installed touchless soap dispensers, trashcans, and paper towels where possible for your convenience.
3. We are currently unable to provide blow dry services. Please arrive with clean, dry hair.
4. In an effort to minimize the number of people in the salon, we ask that clients arrive alone to their appointments. Friends, kids and/or spouses may not wait with you in the salon. (Clients needing assistance are an exception.) Our seating area and beverage stations are temporarily closed. If you arrive early for your appointment, you may be asked to wait outside or in your car if we have reached maximum capacity.
5. Please observe the social distance rule of six, or more, feet.
6. You must be asymptomatic of any illness for at least 14 days prior to your appointment. If you have been in contact with someone who is ill or with someone that has been exposed to the virus within 14 days of your appointment, you must reschedule. The Beehive staff will not come to work if they feel ill or have been in contact with anyone who has been exposed to the virus. It is okay if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, last minute, due to illness. Cancellation fees have been waived during this time.
7. We will continue to follow all State Board of Cosmetology sanitation requirements. All combs, brushes and stations will be disinfected in between clients. Towels, capes, and other linens will be changed for each client and washed regularly in hot water. High-touch areas such as the front desk, door handles and bathrooms will be cleaned with EPA disinfectant regularly.
8. We have adjusted hours to reduce the number of people in the salon to ensure proper social distancing. Only two stylists will be on the floor at any given time. Each stylist will have one day in the week when no one else is present in the salon. If you are in a high risk category, ask your stylist about scheduling during this time.
9. All products have been sanitized and are kept in closed containers in the back. Ask your stylist or receptionist to get it for you. You can also order products online for curbside pickup.
Due to rules and regulations changing often, please be sure to check our website or follow us on Instagram or Facebook for the latest updates and information. Thank you for your patience and continued support during these unprecedented times. We love you.
The novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO). COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to be spread by person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people.
By entering the salon you agree to accept all responsibility for the risk that you may contract COVID-19. While we are taking the safety of you, our staff and the community very seriously, we cannot guarantee that any of these measures will completely protect you from contracting COVID-19. If you are high risk, or nervous about your personal health, please stay home. It is okay to be shaggy for safety.