Congrats Robert R Votta!
Robert R. Votta is the 1st Place Winner of our 10th Annual Art Challenge with Mnemosyne, Goddess of Memory, an ink and acrylic painting on computer disks. He took home the grand prize of $300! Our other winners were:
- 2nd Place: Untitled (Charlene) by Lori Blackmar
- 3rd Place: Trust by Sharmin Mirman and Paris Mirman-Richards
- 4th Place: Earth Twinkle by Violet Olley (age 5) and Cathy Bobis
- 5th Place: Green Hair by Gail Fairbanks
- 6th Place: Untitled by Sophie Joy
- 7th Place: Bee-cycle by Herb Bresky
- Honorable Mention, Artistry: Green Hair, Don't Care by Chyna Lopez
- Honorable Mention, Best Use of Materials: Reduce, Recycle, ReCURL by Carolyn Hutchinson
- Honorable Mention, Young Adult: Untitled by Ava Baumgartner
You can these works, and all our entries on our Facebook page.
Finally, we'd like to thank our sponsors for the Art Challenge: Davines, Green Circle Salons, Acme Food & Beverage Co., Spotted Dog, Market Street Coffee, The Word Factory, and Claudia Sanders from Good Intentions who provided the delicious Farmer's Market Food Table. We'd also like to thank all the extrodinarily talented artists who entered our Green Hair Art Challenge this year, and everyone who came out to our Green Hair Event at the ArtsCenter in Carrboro. You made it a success!